Speeches and Other Commentary
- University of Toledo Commencement
- Speaking at the University of Toledo's commencement ceremony, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland President and CEO Sandra Pianalto shared with graduates her four rules of the road to success: get comfortable with being uncomfortable; there is no substitute for hard work; know your strengths and passions; and give respect in order to get respect.
- President Pianalto Discusses the Federal Reserve’s Role in Supporting the U.S. Economy
- Speaking at The International Economic Forum of the Americas, in West Palm Beach, Florida, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland President and CEO Sandra Pianalto discussed U.S. economic conditions; described how the Federal Reserve supported the U.S. economy through the financial crisis and recovery; and shared her observations on some of the challenges facing policymakers as they work to promote a sustainable global recovery.
- President Pianalto Discusses Managing Information, Uncertainty, and Risk in Monetary Policy
- In a speech to the CFA Society Cleveland, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland President and CEO Sandra Pianalto discussed the exceptional circumstances that the FOMC has had to address in recent years. She described the important role economic projections play in setting monetary policy, explained the monetary policy actions the Federal Reserve has taken, and talked about the benefits and potential risks of these policies.
- President Pianalto Explains How Fed is Providing Balance While Managing Uncertainty
- In a speech at the Bonita Estero Market Pulse in Bonita Springs, Florida, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland President and CEO Sandra Pianalto explained how the Federal Reserve has been working to get the US economy back to the point where it can sustain a healthy level of economic growth without extraordinary policy accommodation.