Judging and Eligibility :: 2013 Creative Writing Contest
Federal Reserve staff will judge entries according to five criteria:
- Comprehension: Does the composition reflect a thorough understanding of the topic?
- Organization:Does the story follow a logical progression? Does the evidence support the composition's main points? Were diverse resources used?
- Conclusions:Do the conclusions follow logically from the argument? Are the conclusions compelling?
- Creativity: Does the composition take a creative approach to the topic?
- Clarity: Are the student’s ideas communicated clearly?
The contest is open to 11th and 12th grade students attending schools in the Fourth Federal Reserve District, which includes Ohio, western Pennsylvania, eastern Kentucky, and the northern panhandle of West Virginia.
Each entrant must be under the supervision and direction of a teacher. Submissions must be accompanied by the Student Entry Form and postmarked on or before February 28, 2013.
Compositions that do not conform to the rules and entry requirements of the contest will not be considered in the judging.
For more information on the creative writing contest or to find out if your school is in the Fourth District visit www.clevelandfed.org/learning_center.